Get Up To 50 Percent Subsidy On Agricultural Drones Under PM Krishi Yantra Anudan Yojana
To make farmers' yield output better with every step, the state and central government put in a lot of effort. The government attempts to relieve farmers of the burden of purchasing expensive farm machinery by launching multiple schemes and providing various subsidies on agricultural machinery and implements. The Krishi Yantra Anudan Yojana is a part of PM Kisan Yojana in which farmers are provided with farm machinery on a subsidy basis. Now, along with the farm machinery and implements, the government has decided to include drones in the list of the Agricultural Machinery Grant Scheme. Under the scheme, the government is providing the benefit of a 50 percent subsidy on the purchase of drones.
Let’s Take The Look At Who Will Get The Benefit Of A Drone Subsidy
Under the Agricultural Machinery Grant Scheme, farmers will get up to 50 percent subsidy on the purchase of agricultural drones.
- For this scheme, the graduates from agriculture, scheduled case, scheduled tribes, and women farmers are eligible for a 50 percent subsidy. Along with these marginal farmers, northeastern farmers, and women farmers of a similar section are entitled to this scheme.
- Other farmers will be eligible for a subsidy of 4 lakh or 40 percent on the drone purchase.
- A 75 percent subsidy will also be given to the Farmer Producer Organization for the purchasing of agricultural drones.
- The most amount of 10 lakh rupees or 100 percent subsidy will be provided to agricultural training institutes and agricultural universities.
Look At How Farmers Will Benefit From This Scheme
Looking at the handful of tasks during the whole farming process, the drone will be the most helpful in the management of pests. Moreover, drones can help in spraying insecticides, pesticides, and fertilizers like nano urea on a vast acre of land in the least expected time. Thus, using drones will cut costs and save farmers' time in the best way possible.
Documents Required To Apply For Subsidy On Drones
- The farmer needs to have an Aadhar card
- A Pan card of the applicant farmer is also needed.
- Farming land papers of farmers
- Bank details with a copy of the passbook
- Aadhar linked mobile numbers of farmers
- A passport-size photo of the farmer.
Government’s Future Plans On Drone Subsidy
The Central Government has launched the "Sub-Mission on Agricultural Mechanization (SMAM)" scheme to benefit farmers. The Union Ministry of Agriculture has issued funding guidelines to ICAR institutes, Krishi Vigyan Kendras, and State Agricultural Universities under this scheme to make this technology more cost-effective by assisting in the purchase, hiring, and demonstration of agricultural drones. To encourage farmers to use drones, a grant of 100% or up to Rs 10 lakh was planned to purchase drones.
Aside from that, Farmer Producer Organizations are receiving up to 75% financial assistance. This financial assistance is valid until March 31, 2023. Agencies that hire drones for demonstrations will receive Rs 6,000 in contingency funds. The agencies carrying out the drone purchase will be given Rs 3,000 per hectare as a contingency budget.
Remember Jugadu Kamlesh From Season 1 Of Shark Tank India? Here's What He And Naru Are Up To Now
Om Birla, Speaker of Lok Sabha, inaugurated 'Krishi Mahotsav' in Kota
UP Govt. To Provide Millet Processing Units On 100% Subsidy
Union Budget 2023- CropLife India Urges Government To Provide Tax Exemptions On R&D Expenditures